Statement regarding incident on 14 November

Marist St Pats is investigating an incident which occurred at a club sevens tournament at Maidstone Park in Upper Hutt last Saturday against Petone.

Several players and supporters were involved with three players from Marist St Pats RFC and one from Petone RFC issued with red cards following the incident. They have been stood down from all rugby activity pending the results of the WRFU's judicial process.

Marist St Pats Chairman Rob Evans said the club was fully cooperating with WRFU and had been in regular communication with the Petone Chairman, Wayne Smith. He said it was important to review the referees reports and would reserve further comment until the investigation was complete.

'We strongly condemn any form of violence in our game and are extremely disappointed about the events that occurred on Saturday. Our immediate thoughts are with the injured player and ensuring he has the necessary support around him as he recovers from his injuries.'

MoST Content Management V3.0.7525